Best BLTs Ever. My old favorite BLT was the one at Kokomo, a little lunch counter in the Los Angeles Farmers' Market. Fried Wright Brand bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo on grilled Texas Toast combine to make. But this time of year, which is the only time I make BLTs at home, it's gotta be the real deal: plump, heavy heirloom tomatoes, streaked with yellow and blood red, maybe some purple or green.
From this basic premise, all else follows. Indeed, a better name for the BLT might well be the Tomato Club, for it is the perfect tomato, not the bacon, that is the rarest, the most ephemeral, the most singularly delicious ingredient. At Stacked, the BLT comes with avocado—it's aptly called a B. You can have Best BLTs Ever using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best BLTs Ever
- Prepare of thick cut bacon.
- Prepare of romaine lettuce.
- You need of lg slicing tomato.
- It’s of your favorite bread (we like Nature's Own whole wheat).
- Prepare of garlic pepper aioli (recipe on my page).
A.—as well as house-smoked thick-cut bacon, heirloom tomatoes, butter lettuce, and a pink peppercorn aioli made with bacon fat. The best BLTs are made on fresh bakery-baked bakery bread. The more times you mention the word 'bakery', the better the bread. I chose a soft loaf of bakery-baked white bread from Willa Jean Bakery in New Orleans.
Best BLTs Ever instructions
- Open bacon package, leave bacon layered as packaged and cut slices in half. Heat a large skillet over medium. Cook bacon in batches (single layer in skillet) to desired crispness (just make sure it's fully cooked). Layer on paper towels to absorb excess grease..
- While cooking bacon. Slice tomato to 1/4 inch thick slices. Tear several leaves of lettuce in half. Lightly toast bread. Lay out on a clean surface for easy assembly..
- Assemble sandwiches: Spread aioli on all toast slices (about 1 tbs each). On four of the toasts layer 6-8 pieces of bacon each, then tomato, then lettuce. Top with other slice of toast. Eat and enjoy!.
If you can't, or don't want to, get your hands on bakery-baked bakery bread, go with grocery store sliced white bread… The Best BLT Sandwich My BLTs are the best BLTs because I marinate my tomatoes in Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic reduction. The bread is lightly toasted and it is served with LOTS of big thick bacon, mayo, and romaine lettuce. This bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich is AMAZING. The BLT is made with just a few, simple ingredients, yet it manages to hold a spot on nearly every diner menu across the country. There's something about the flavor combination that makes it one.