Potato and bell pepper curry recipe. Remove the potatoes in a bowl and in the same pan, heat the remaining oil. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Now add the chopped bell pepper / capsicum and cook it until they are slightly cooked.
Once the garlic turns golden brown, add the cut bell peppers, potatoes and spices. Place a large pan over a medium heat and when hot add a tablespoon of oil, followed by the ginger, ground coriander, black pepper, curry powder, chilli flakes, onion and garlic. Dish: Stuffed Peppers with Potato Curry. You can cook Potato and bell pepper curry recipe using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and bell pepper curry recipe
- You need 1 of Red bell pepper finelly chopped.
- You need 1 of Yellow bell pepper finelly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Potato cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of Onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each Green chilli, garlic and ginger paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of as required Oil for frying.
After a spicy pickle and a creamy pesto recipe with peppers, I have one of my favorite childhood stuffed bell pepper dish. My mom used to make it years ago and I loved the little capsicum boats stuffed with yummy potato curry. Potato and Green Pepper Curry is a best one when you want something spicy in a jiffy. Potatoes and Peppers in their crunchy form are so tempting that one can eat them as it is without any accompaniment☺!
Potato and bell pepper curry recipe step by step
- Wash and cut the bell peppers finally chopped. Cut potatoes length wise. Heat oil in kadai. Once the oil is hot.Fry potato till it become light brown in colour. Once it is done Then add all the finely chopped bell peppers. Saute it for a few minutes. Then add all the dry masalas. Fry for a few minutes. Then add ginger,green chilli and garlic paste. Again fry for a few minutes till the raw smell of masala goes off. Once it is done..
- Add water as needed. Cover and cook till the vegetables become tender. After few minutes take out the lid and check the vegetables are cooked properly..
- Once it is done. Transfer to a beautiful bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Ready to serve with hot chapati and hot steam rice.
Yep you could always be innovative – maybe line them up in skewers ☺. Here's how you make this dish: Boil the potatoes till tender. Once cool enough to handle, peel and chop into pieces. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add cumin and nigella seeds and cook till they begin to sputter.