Roast turkey. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Book the Ideal Holiday Home in Turkey and Save Now!
Heat the rapeseed oil in a large, heavy-based roasting tray on the stove top. Add the chopped turkey wings and neck and.. After this time, remove the turkey from the oven, uncover it and discard any excess foil. You can cook Roast turkey using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast turkey
- It’s of turkey (mine was 8 lbs).
- It’s of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of garlic clove.
- You need of stuffing (see my recipe or use your own).
- Prepare of butter stick.
Bring to a boil and simmer to make turkey stock. Place the turkey in a roasting tin and starting at the neck of the bird, slide your hand between the skin and the breast meat to loosen it. Place breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting tin. Scatter the remaining vegetables and thyme around the bottom of the roasting tin, and cover with the white wine.
Roast turkey step by step
- Wash turkey in and out..
- Chop up garlic clove into slivers and slide under the skin all over..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper mix all over..
- Stuff bird..
- Cover tightly with foil. Cook at 325 for 25 minutes per pound or to an internal temp of 165..
- During final 30 minutes uncover bird and and rub with butter. Baste 2 or 3 times for browning..
At the end of the cooking time, test by. Place the bird on a large roasting tray, rub it all over with olive oil and season well. Surround with the chopped carrots, onions and remaining cloves of garlic, cover with tin foil and place in the preheated oven. Always weigh the turkey after you fill it with the stuffing mixture to calculate the perfect cooking time for your roast. Don't worry – we've already done the maths for you.