Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam). Buy Indonesian Chicken Soup Mix Bamboe & Indofood Brand Soto Ayam Soto ayam is a chicken soup dish originated from Indonesia and is popular in Malaysia and Singapore. However, you have to take a paradigm shift to appreciate it. Unlike a creamy soup, it's a clear soup with loads of ingredients and condiments.
Then add the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Top with sambal oelek, coriander leaves and a. You can cook Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) using 27 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)
- You need of For Broth.
- It’s of Chicken (i use around 300gr).
- It’s of Water for boil.
- You need of Bay Leaves.
- It’s of Lemon grass powder (fresh will be better).
- It’s of dried Galangal (fresh will better).
- It’s of ginger powder + 1 dried ginger (fresh will be better).
- It’s of coriander seeds.
- It’s of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of garlic.
- You need of shallots (i used red onion).
- Prepare of white pepper.
- It’s of cumin powder.
- Prepare of candlenuts.
- You need of nutmeg since i dont wan't strong taste of it.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of For Servings.
- Prepare of Boiled eggs.
- It’s of White cabbage – shredded.
- It’s of Green onion – chopped.
- You need of Bean sprouts.
- It’s of Perkedel.
- You need of Fried onion (see in my other recipe).
- Prepare of Vermicelli noodles (i don't have, i use rice).
- You need of Kaffir limes (i use lemon).
- Prepare of Sambal (chili sauce/ paste).
- Prepare of Sweet soya sauce.
Soto Ayam is a classic chicken soup from Indonesia but also popular in Singapore and Malaysia. It's traditionally served with vermicelli noodles (or Bihun/Bee Hoon), shredded chicken, and eggs. In addition, the soup is topped with bean sprouts, cabbage, fried shallots, cilantro, Chinese celery, and krupuk or emping. Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style.
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) instructions
- Prepare Pot, put 1 litre water. Boil it. Add chicken and bay leaves.
- Smash garlic, candlenuts, coriander seeds, ginger, galangal, nutmeg and onion until it become paste (you can use food processor).
- Fry the paste add turmeric powder, lemongrass powder, cumin powder, salt & white pepper.
- Add the fried seasonings above into pot.
- After the chicken cooked well take chicken, let it cool and shred it..
- Meanwhile prepare for servings, soak bean sprouts and white cabbage in hot water until it soft and rinse it.
- The servings, shredded white cabbage, tomatoes, bean sprouts, shredded chicken, chopped green onions, boiled eggs, fried onion, fritter potato (Perkedel/ frikadel).
- Meanwhile prepare your bowl, fill with vermicelli / rice / rice cake shredded cabagge, bean sprouts, sambal, green onion, boiled egg halved, add the broth. Add fried onion & perkedel.
- With rice cake (Lontong).
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) is another popular dish in Indonesia. It is like chicken soup but the broth is yellow because of turmeric. It is served with glass noodles, fried or boiled potatoes, chicken, fried onions, emping (padi oats crackers), slices of hard boiled egg, blanched bean sprouts, parsley, and sometimes diced tomato. There are many types of soto from many parts of Indonesia. Soto Ayam is a chicken noodle soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia.