Mira's Simple Sugar Cookies. Cream butter and sugar together, until well combined. Once combined, beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour with salt and baking powder, gradually add them to creamed mixture.
Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Divide the dough into two parts. You can cook Mira's Simple Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mira's Simple Sugar Cookies
- You need of Cookie Dough.
- It’s 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of Castor Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 1 pinch of of Salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 of Egg Yolk.
- Prepare of Sugar Frosting.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Milk.
Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Sugar cookies are a buttery classic that make a delicious anytime treat. Enjoy your sugar cookies plain, or decorate them with icing to make them festive. This recipe is a favorite of Martha's, who likes to add one tablespoon cognac alongside the egg and vanilla, after creaming together the butter and sugar.
Mira's Simple Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream butter and sugar together, until well combined. Once combined, beat in egg yolk and vanilla..
- Combine the flour with salt and baking powder, gradually add them to creamed mixture..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough and start cutting them with a floured cookie cutter..
- Bake at 175°c for 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool the completely before before piping the sugar frosting..
- For the sugar frosting, combine the icing sugar and milk until smooth. Voila!.
Beat in the egg, then the vanilla and salt. Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it's ready. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.