Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken. Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Get inspired by our latest recipes. Here is how you achieve it.
This soup is so easy to make that it's almost like not cooking at all. Yep, it's the perfect post-holiday dinner. This spicy soup uses spiralised butternut squash instead of traditional noodles and leftover roast turkey instead of chicken to create a modern twist on an old favourite! You can have Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken using 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken
- It’s 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Prepare 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- You need 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- It’s 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- Prepare 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Prepare 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- You need 1 of FOR SOUP.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Combine stock, turkey parts, bay leaves, and thyme sprigs in a large stockpot. Add the carcase and bones to a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Skim off any froth or residue that rises. Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring as you do so.
Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken step by step
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
Add the tomato puree, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and garnish with fresh parsley Chicken pesto pasta isn't a traditional Italian dish, but pesto Genovese is often served with meat and fish. Rachel Roddy's comforting, vibrant pasta dish combines all three. Make sure you use some homemade Turkey Stock for this recipe from my roast turkey recipe! This recipe is as simple as can be, so it is important that you only get the very best quality ingredients that you can get. This was so fantastic because I made it with my homemade turkey stock.