Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters. Get your favourites from Farmhouse delivered. Download the app and order now! Huge Selection on Second Hand Books.
The katakuriko potato starch flour will get rather thick as you mix it, but if you leave it for a while it will get watery again. Give the batter a good mix just before deep frying. See recipes for Vegetable Fritters – Kakiage too. You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters
- It’s 300 grams of Onion.
- You need 200 grams of Pork roast or loin (for tonkatsu).
- It’s of 【A】.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters Prepare the ingredients: Grate root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and sweet potato on the large holes of a box grater. Grate and drain zucchini and summer squash. Chop and steam cauliflower and broccoli florets. Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt.
Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters instructions
- Cut the onions into wedges, and separate the layers..
- Cut the pork into 5 mm width strips..
- Mix the onion, pork and [A] ingredients, and mix well with your hands for at least 3 minutes..
- It will be watery for the first minute or so..
- As you continue mixing and kneading, it will become thick as shown here. When it reaches that stage, it's time to deep fry..
- Slide in bite sized portions of the batter-onion-pork mixture into oil heated to medium temperature, using a wooden spatula or a large spoon..
- Deep fry for 7-8 minutes over medium heat. When the surface is golden brown and crispy, the fritters are done..
- If the oil is too hot the fritters will burn so be careful. If they are golden brown they're fine..
- Eat the kakiage fritters as-is while hot..
Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Stir the mixture until it is combined. Mix flour, chili paste, salt & water and combine until the texture is smooth. The texture should be thick but not too watery. Throw in the chopped onions, chives, sliced chili, corns, prawns and combine.