Mexican Street Corn Salad. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Enjoy your local restaurant favourites from the comfort of your own home.
Fresh corn on the cob gets pan roasted in Country Crock® Spread so it gets that wonderful grilled flavor. Prepare your Mexican street corn salad – Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir thoroughly. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste. You can have Mexican Street Corn Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Street Corn Salad
- You need 1 (16 oz) of bag frozen corn – thawed and "drained".
- You need 1 of poblano pepper – seeds removed, finely diced.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbs of sour cream.
- You need 2 tbs of fresh cilantro – chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chipotle chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper (optional).
- Prepare of juice of one small lime.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Queso fresco, crumbled.
Garnish with additional cheese and cilantro and serve! Tips For The Best Mexican Street Corn Pour the corn into a saucepan, and boil over high heat until hot. Drain well, and return to the saucepan. Stir in the butter, mayonnaise, and cotija cheese.
Mexican Street Corn Salad instructions
- Spread corn out on a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the moisture from thawing. Set aside while you deseed and dice the poblano pepper..
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil. As soon as butter is melted add corn and diced pepper. Spread out into an even layer. Let sit untouched for 2-3 minutes or until it starts smelling "toasty". Stir, scraping up any brown bits sticking to bottom. Spread out corn and cook 2 more minutes..
- Transfer corn mixture to a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients except Queso fresco. Drizzle over corn mixture and gently stir to coat..
- Add crumbled queso fresco, gently stir to incorporate. Garnish with additional cilantro and queso fresco if desired. Serve warm or chilled, but it's better warm..
Season to taste with ground red pepper and lime juice. Mexican Street Corn can be boiled, but it's often roasted or grilled. And it can be slathered in mayonnaise or crema/sour cream – or both. Most recipes include lime juice and chile powder, plus a cheese (typically queso fresco or cotija), and sometimes a sprinkling of cilantro. This Mexican Street corn salad recipe we are making today is made with off the cob corn.