Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels). Knead the dough on a floured surface and divide into two equal parts. Lightly brush the tops of each pretzel with either butter, oil, milk, or water. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt.
If you'll be making pretzel bites, save one or two pieces of dough. In a stand mixer add the warm water and yeast. With the dough hook attached, mix in the sugar, salt and flour one cup at a time with dough hook attached. You can cook Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels)
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of White Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Self-Rising Yeast (you can use any, but best results for this).
- You need 1 tbs of Hot Water (120`F).
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of Bread Flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Honey (any kind is fine).
- Prepare of Egg (do not double with recipe).
- It’s of ~~~~optional toppings ~~~~.
- You need of garlic powder.
- It’s of cheddar cheese.
- You need of crystalized salt.
- You need of cinnamon sugar.
Remove the dough out of the bowl and knead into a ball. Using a pastry brush, brush each pretzel bite with the baking soda/water mixture. Roll each triangle into a long rope. Sprinkle the pretzel with salt while still wet (optional).
Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- In a small cup, add heated 120'F water.
- Add sugar and yeast together into a small bowl.
- Add hot water to sugar and yeast.
- Stir for 10 sec. then let time to activate for about 3-5 min..
- Add flour to the bowl and mix.
- Add honey and salt to the mixture.
- Place some flour on the counter and roll out the dough.
- If dough is sticky, add flour. If dough is too dry, add water.
- Shape into desired form (letter, heart, circle, etc).
- Bring out cookie sheet and place on pan.
- Be sure to add toppings AFTER placing the cookie sheet!.
- Whisk egg yolk in small bowl, then brush it on the top of Pretzel.
- Cook 8-10 Minutes!.
In a large bowl add the pretzels, butter, and ranch seasoning and stir until evenly coated. Stir until the baking soda is dissolved; set aside. (Dipping the pretzel dough in a baking soda solution gives the pretzels a nice golden brown crust.) Punch the dough to deflate it, then turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. To form pretzels, shape each rope into a U; cross the two sides of the U over each other, twist and press the ends down on the pretzel. New York-style soft pretzel bites are great for both game day parties and everyday snacking. They're easy to make in just over an hour and the recipe can be multiplied to serve a crowd.