Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels). Knead the dough on a floured surface and divide into two equal parts. Lightly brush the tops of each pretzel with either butter, oil, milk, or water. Sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt.
Combine baking soda and boiling water in heat-proof bowl, and submerge pretzels, one at a time, for several seconds before placing on baking stone/sheet. Remove them from the water using a large flat spatula. Return to the half sheet pan, brush the top of each pretzel with the beaten. You can cook Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels)
- It’s of White Sugar.
- Prepare of Self-Rising Yeast (you can use any, but best results for this).
- It’s of Hot Water (120`F).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Bread Flour.
- Prepare of Honey (any kind is fine).
- It’s of Egg (do not double with recipe).
- Prepare of ~~~~optional toppings ~~~~.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of cheddar cheese.
- You need of crystalized salt.
- You need of cinnamon sugar.
In a stand mixer add the warm water and yeast. With the dough hook attached, mix in the sugar, salt and flour one cup at a time with dough hook attached. Remove the dough out of the bowl and knead into a ball. Any more than that and your pretzels will have a metallic taste.
Pretzel! (double the recipe for 2 pretzels) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- In a small cup, add heated 120'F water.
- Add sugar and yeast together into a small bowl.
- Add hot water to sugar and yeast.
- Stir for 10 sec. then let time to activate for about 3-5 min..
- Add flour to the bowl and mix.
- Add honey and salt to the mixture.
- Place some flour on the counter and roll out the dough.
- If dough is sticky, add flour. If dough is too dry, add water.
- Shape into desired form (letter, heart, circle, etc).
- Bring out cookie sheet and place on pan.
- Be sure to add toppings AFTER placing the cookie sheet!.
- Whisk egg yolk in small bowl, then brush it on the top of Pretzel.
- Cook 8-10 Minutes!.
Using a slotted spatula, lift the pretzel out of the water and allow as much of the excess water to drip off. Remove the pretzel knots from the oven and serve. Roll each piece into a rope and twist into a pretzel shape. Once all of the dough is shaped, dip each pretzel into the baking soda-hot water solution and place pretzels on baking sheets. Stir until the baking soda is dissolved; set aside. (Dipping the pretzel dough in a baking soda solution gives the pretzels a nice golden brown crust.) Punch the dough to deflate it, then turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface.