Easy Sugar Cookies. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Once combined, slowly blend in the dry ingredients until evenly mixed. Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. You can have Easy Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 3 cups of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 Cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 2 sticks of butter.
- You need of Items needed.
- It’s of Food processor or mixer.
- Prepare of Measuring cups/spoons.
It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking. Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
Easy Sugar Cookies instructions
- Once ingredients have been gathered start by adding in 2 sticks of cold butter, and the sugar into your food processor. (For this recipe I use a good processor, however you can also use a stand or hand mixer as well.) Mix or pulse until well combined..
- Next add in salt,vanilla extract, baking powder, and the egg. Mix until well combined..
- Next add in the flour. I add the flour in one cup at a time mixing in-between. This is an easier process for the food processor and mixer system..
- After dough has formed take out of bowl or processor and spread some flour onto your counter. Kneed the dough a few times to ensure it is well form. Transfer the dough to a bowl and let chill a minimum of 30 mins. In the fridge..
- Once dough is done chilling you will have yourself a easy sugar cookie dough great for making cut outs and Decorating! Once you have formed your cookies cook at 375* for 8-10 min (check at 8min cook time may vary).
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies.