Panzerotti pugliese deep fried pizza. Panzerotti pugliese deep fried pizza Miss Fluffy's Cooking Italy The ultimate comfort food. A real classic streetfood from the south of Italy. Panzerotti are a delicious Italian deep fried snack made from a special pizza-like dough and stuffed with a variety of fillings.
Panzerotti are a delicious Italian deep fried snack made from a special pizza-like dough and stuffed with a variety of fillings. These crispy panzerotti are stuffed with gooey mozzarella, freshly crushed tomatoes and capers. You will not be able to resist (or stop at one). You can have Panzerotti pugliese deep fried pizza using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Panzerotti pugliese deep fried pizza
- Prepare 500 g of flour.
- It’s 10 g of active yeast.
- Prepare 300 ml of warm water.
- You need 5 g of sugar.
- It’s 10 g of salt.
- You need Spoonful of olive oil.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Filling:.
- Prepare 250 g of mozzarella.
- It’s 250 g of tinned tomatoes.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Oregano.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. Here is how you cook that. When sauce is ready add desired amount to middle of the pizza dough making sure to leave room around edge for folding. Cooking the Panzerotti Part of what defines this classic Italian dish is that it is deep-fried.
Panzerotti pugliese deep fried pizza instructions
- Put flour in a bowl. Add yeast to water and mix. Add sugar to water and mix. Gradually add water mix to flour and bring together to form the dough, half way through add oil and salt. Continue kneading and adding water until dough is formed. Using a knife, make a cross in the dough. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for 90 mins.
- After 90 mins, divide mixture into even balls, about 12-14 leave to rise for another 30 mins, meanwhile, drain mozzarella and chop. Drain tomatoes and add to mozzarella * important to drain them both.
- Add oregano and mix. Your individual dough balls should have risen. Roll out each ball into a circle.
- Add a spoonful of filling. Fold over. Seal fold with a fork and a sprinkle of water. Finish all ingredients.
- Heat oil in a large pan to about 170 degrees. Deep fry in batches, about 4 mins for each batch, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in a low heated oven while you finish the rest. Get stuck in 😘😂.
I use a temp gun to get my temperature, but you can use a frying thermometer. Historically, it was rare to have an oven at home and food to be baked was brought to the baker to be placed in the oven. Everyone could deep-fry however, so fried pizza was more accessible than baked pizza. Deep fried pizza similar to a calzone! Deep fried pizza similar to a calzone!