Simple Sugar Cookies. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Range of Retro Sweet Gifts in UK. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. You can have Simple Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- It’s 4 3/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of butter.
- You need 1 cup of + 3 tbsp white sugar.
- It’s 2 of medium-sized eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of vanilla bean extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture. Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking.
Simple Sugar Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees Fahrenheit.).
- In a medium-sized bowl, using a whisk, combine flour, baking powder and salt..
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, using a hand mixer, combine butter and sugar for 3 minutes until it’s fluffy..
- Then, add the eggs and vanilla bean extract. Mix with hand mixer for 1 minute..
- Add 3 cups of the dry mixture, a little at a time, to the wet ingredients and mix with the hand mixer. Then, add the remaining flour and mix by hand until combined..
- Lightly flour your work surface (counter top, cutting board etc.).
- Cut the dough in half. Cover the other half of the dough with Saran Wrap and put in the fridge to keep cool..
- Roll out your dough to about 1/2 inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters and start cutting! Once you are finished, get the other half of the dough from the fridge and repeat the process..
- Pro Tip: Lightly spray your cookie trays with olive oil spray, then place down the parchment paper on top. This will keep the parchment paper from sliding around while placing down the cookies..
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until it’s lightly brown. Place on a cooling rack..
- Easy, cute and delicious! Enjoy..
Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla and salt. This Recipe is a State Fair Blue Ribbon winner. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.