Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Retro Sweet Hampers with Huge Selection of Gift Ideas.
Before you jump to Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting Healthy Tips. Here is how you do that. In a separate bowl with a hand mixer or hand whisk, mix together the pumpkin purée, coconut milk, eggs. You can have Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar (original recipe 1/2 cup).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground ginger, 1/8 tsp ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of + 2 tbsp mashed sweet potatoes.
- You need 200 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 55 gr (1/4 cup) of butter, melted.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Optional: powdered sugar for dusting.
Combine sweet potato puree, sugar, coconut milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Use a sieve to sift in the flour and baking powder, then whisk until smooth. Scoop out about ¼ cup of batter and mix with ground black sesame seeds and ¼ cup plant-based milk. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, black sesame 🍠 sweet potatoes mochi cake.
Black Sesame 🍠 Sweet Potatoes Mochi Cake instructions
- Prepare the pan 8×8, layer it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven 175 celcius.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet rice flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt..
- In a separate bowl with a hand mixer or hand whisk, mix together the pumpkin purée, coconut milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until completely smooth..
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat vigorously until completely smooth. Fold in the black sesame seeds and pour the batter into the prepared pan..
- Bake in on the middle rack of the oven for 75-80 minutes, until the top has developed a slight crust and the mochi is completely set and bounces back when touched..
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before using the parchment paper to transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, at least 25 minutes. Cut into 16 squares. (It’s easiest to cut when cooled, using a knife buttered and dusted with sweet rice flour or potato starch)..
- Dust the top of the mochi squares with powdered sugar. Store for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature (the longer they sit, the softer the top crust will get and the powdered sugar might need to be reapplied before serving)..
One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit tasty. Lately, I've been obsessed with black sesame seeds. Mochi cake is an Asian-fusion dessert with Hawaiian roots. Using Hawaiian Butter Mochi as a base, I tinkered and toyed until I made a Black Sesame Mochi Cake recipe that I loved!