Classic Chicken Salad. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Chop cooked and cooled chicken and place into a large bowl with celery and onions. Mix dressing ingredients (per recipe below) in a bowl.
Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper. To the dressing, add the chicken, scallions, celery, dill, and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. You can cook Classic Chicken Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Salad
- It’s 2 cups of roasted chicken breast, cut up. Recipe for roasted chicke.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of diced celery.
- You need 1 tablespoon of diced onion.
- It’s 1 of tablespon fresh chives, chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or more if you like it creamy.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as Franks red hot.
- It’s of pita bread, as nneeded.
- It’s of lettece leaves, as neeeded.
- It’s as needed of sliced tomatos.
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. A classic chicken salad recipe is always a favorite at a picnic, a barbecue, or an office potluck! Just a few ingredients can be transformed into a cold, creamy salad or filling for a homemade chicken salad sandwich or wrap! If using, place lemon slices and dill sprigs on chicken.
Classic Chicken Salad step by step
- Use fresh roasted chicken, recipe in my profile.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except pita bread, lettece and tomato.
- Split pita breaf in half and fill each half with chicken salad, lettece and tomato.
Pour water over the chicken breasts, covering by at least an. In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt. Add chicken, celery, and almonds, stirring until well combined. Serve on bread with lettuce and tomato. Place the diced chicken, celery, green onions and grapes in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.