Classic Chicken Salad. For Simple & Fast Recipes That Are Full of Flavor. Try StarKist® Delicious Salad Recipes From Our Classics To Our Favorites! Get Delicious Recipes Made With StarKist® Products!
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper. Toss with chicken, almonds, and celery. Make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper. You can cook Classic Chicken Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Salad
- You need of roasted chicken breast, cut up. Recipe for roasted chicke.
- Prepare of diced celery.
- You need of diced onion.
- It’s of tablespon fresh chives, chopped.
- It’s of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of dijon mustard.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s of mayonnaise or more if you like it creamy.
- It’s of hot sauce such as Franks red hot.
- You need of pita bread, as nneeded.
- You need of lettece leaves, as neeeded.
- You need of sliced tomatos.
To the dressing, add the chicken, scallions, celery, dill, and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Reinvent basic chicken salad with new takes on the classic.
Classic Chicken Salad instructions
- Use fresh roasted chicken, recipe in my profile.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except pita bread, lettece and tomato.
- Split pita breaf in half and fill each half with chicken salad, lettece and tomato.
Put it on a roll, in a lettuce wrap or eat in with a handful of crackers. Regardless of how you choose to. Poach chicken: In a large pot, arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer. If using, place lemon slices and dill sprigs on chicken. Pour water over the chicken breasts, covering by at least an.