Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. Don't wipe the fat that renders from the meat. Sauté the sofrito (the paella base).
Here you have a super easy and delicious recipe to make an amazing Mixed Paella, with pork, chicken, sausage and shrimp! This is a family recipe, so I hope. Read our recipe for Paella Mixta, classic Spanish dish. You can have Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella
- Prepare 5 of to 6 Chicken wings (the drumettes or the first section).
- Prepare 1 of Squid.
- You need 8 of Shrimp.
- You need 8 of to 10 Asari or Manila clams (de-sanded).
- Prepare 2 of Green, red, or yellow peppers for decorative purposes.
- It’s 1 of Cherry tomatoes for decorative purposes.
- It’s 300 ml of White uncooked rice.
- You need 2 of Soup stock cubes.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 grams of Saffron.
- You need 1/2 of ※Onion.
- Prepare 1 each of ※ Green bell pepper and tomato.
- Prepare 1 clove of ※Garlic.
Mixed Paella – Photo from panningtheglobe.com. Add stock, paprika and saffron to a pot and heat, covered. Directions In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender.
Our Family Recipe for Mixed Paella step by step
- Prep the ingredients: Finely chop all the ※ ingredients. Sprinkle a little salt on the chicken. Devein the shrimp; leave the shells on but remove the legs. Remove the guts from the squid and cut into 1 cm strips. Wash the clams by scrubbing the shells together. Pre-heat the oven to 280°C..
- Dry roast the saffron. Put a piece of aluminium foil in a paella pan, and toast the saffron threads until are fragrant and crispy. In another pan, dissolve the soup stock cubes in 3 cups (600 ml) of water, and add the saffron while crumbling with your fingers..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the paella pan, and brown the chicken wings. Don't wipe the fat that renders from the meat..
- Sauté the sofrito (the paella base). Sauté the ※ ingredients over medium heat, and simmer until there's no moisture over medium heat. Add rice without rinsing it, and sauté until translucent..
- Add back the chicken wings, and pour in the warmed soup. Add a little salt..
- Simmer like this over medium heat for 5 minutes, shaking the pan around occasionally so that it cooks evenly..
- Arrange the shrimp, squid, and clams on top evenly, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Put the clams in facing down so that their flavor is absorbed by the rice..
- Cover with a lid, turn the heat down very low, and steam-cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave with the lid on to steam for another 5 minutes or so..
- Arrange the bell peppers and cherry tomatoes nicely on top, and then drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil..
- Bake the paella in a preheated 280°C oven for about 10 minutes until the top is crispy and brown, and it's done! Serve with lemon, and squeeze on the paella when you eat..
- This is one I made on another day. I omitted the squid and colorful peppers this time. You don't need all the ingredients – just use what you have..
An amazing mixed paella recipe with chicken thighs, chorizo, prawns & clams. Great to prepare for a family gathering or an informal lunch. Like with other paella recipes, if you don't have a particular ingredient you can easily swap it around for something you have in your kitchen cupboard or fridge. Here you can find a recipe for paella mixta so you can delight your family, friends and yourself by combining the best of the fields, sea, and meat. For this authentic mixed paella recipe, you can add normal round rice (paella rice) or bomba rice.