Beef Braciole. Beef Braciole is a fantastic way to add additional flavor to a scratch-made tomato sauce. The steaks can be browned in a saucepot and slowly simmered with your family's tomato sauce recipe. If a piece of meat breaks off, use it to patch a thinner area.
Add the canned tomatoes over the top, then nestle in the whole vine tomatoes around the braciole. Lay a slice of prosciutto on each one and sprinkle evenly with with the pignoli beans, pecorino romano cheese, garlic and parsley. Roll up the slices, tucking in the ends and tie with kitchen string. You can have Beef Braciole using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Braciole
- You need 2 of lbs. beef sirloin tip steak, sliced thin (about 6 pieces).
- You need 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb. of whatever shape pasta you prefer.
- You need 6 slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 6 of toothpicks.
- It’s of For the filling:.
- It’s 4 of hard boiled eggs, finely chopped. Food processor works nicely for this.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 TBS. of oregano.
- Prepare 1 TBS. of parsley.
- Prepare 2 TBS. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of raw egg (to hold filling together).
Beef Braciole (also known as braciola) is a classic Italian dish with many variations. It can be made with thin, individual slices of beef such as round or as one large roll using flank steak. It can also be made with pork and it always has a savory filling. Beef Braciole is classic Italian comfort food and a great dish to make on a wintery Sunday afternoon.
Beef Braciole step by step
- First, prepare the filling by combining all ingredients and mixing well with your hands. It should be somewhat pasty and sticking together..
- Next, lay out the 6 pieces of beef and put a slice of mozzarella in the center of each piece. Top the mozzarella with 1/6 of the prepared filling..
- Roll up the steak longways and secure with a toothpick..
- Place the rolled-up steaks in a baking dish and cover with tomato sauce and more Parmesan cheese, if desired..
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes..
- Prepare pasta according to package directions..
- Remove braciole to a serving dish and use the remaining tomato sauce for the pasta..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.
Stuffed beef rolls, simmered slowly in tomato sauce so the flavors from the stuffing infuse the sauce and the meat becomes fork tender, all while filling your house with the sweet smell of Italian Sunday dinner! Her recipe was slightly different in that ttey weren't actually stuffed, but just seasoned well with the aforementioned spices, rolled, tied, and seared in hot olive oil almost to the point of burning. Then dropped into the pot of homemade spaghetti sauce and tenderized as the sauce. Preheat a gas grill or prepare a fire in a charcoal grill. Carefully unwrap the beef roll and, using a very sharp knife, cut it between the ties into six thick pinwheels.