Deep fried pizza dough balls. Heat oil in a large pan or wok on a medium low flame. These will need to be done in batches Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, adding salt and dried herbs of your choice. Fried pizza balls are easy to make with store-bought dough.
Earlier this month, he was putting away some leftover pizza and contemplated how it would taste deep fried. The dry yeast doesn't work in a good way. Always try to use the fresh one for a better result. You can cook Deep fried pizza dough balls using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Deep fried pizza dough balls
- Prepare 500 g of plain flour.
- You need 25 g of fresh yeast.
- You need 500 ml of warm water.
- It’s of Oil for frying (sunflower, veg).
- You need of Salt and dried herbs (I like thyme or rosemary).
In a deep frying pan, heat a generous amount of frying oil. If you're frying, heat oil in a cast iron pot or a large skillet. Fry a few balls at a time until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Deep fried pizza dough balls instructions
- Mix yeast in water and gently add to flour. Mix constantly. The final consistency should be quite runny. Leave to rise for about 90 mins.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok on a medium low flame. Using 2 spoons, scoop the dough into the oil and fry until lightly golden. These will need to be done in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately, adding salt and dried herbs of your choice..
Very carefully place each ball into the hot oil. Be sure to leave plenty of room in between as these will grow as they cook, you may have to fry in two batches to be safe. Remove from oil and place onto a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil. Roll out golf balls sized dough balls flat. Fold over the edges and pinch to seal into a ball.