Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread). Great recipe for Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread). This is a very popular Kerala/Tamil Nadu street food made with malabar paratha (south indian bread made with all purpose flour /maida). This dish is also available in SriLanka as Kothu Roti.
Here is how you can achieve that. Paratha is a traditional Indian food item. Egg kothu parotta is made by tearing porotta into small pieces and then mix with onions, eggs and masala powders. 'Kothu' means chop the parottas into small pieces. You can cook Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread)
- It’s 2-3 of medium sized malabar parotta (I used sumeru frozen parotta).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onions (purple or white).
- You need 1 of /2 cup chicken curry gravy (Please check out my recipe for "Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry".
- It’s 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of curry leaves.
- You need of salt as required.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon/lime juice.
Serve hot with Cilantro & Mint Raita. Kothu Parotta is a lick smacking recipe from South India. It is made by tearing Parotta into small pieces and then sauteing with onions, eggs, chicken or mutton gravies and masala powders. Thanks to all the varieties of Frozen Parotta/ Paratha available in Indian Stores in US.
Malabar kothu parotta (Egg minced bread) instructions
- Prepare the frozen parotta as per the instruction.You may prepare fresh parotta as well. Chop the parottas into small pieces and keep it aside..
- In a pan add few tsps of coconut oil. When the oil becomes hot, add 1 cup of chopped onions and sau·té it well. Add minced ginger -garlic into it and mix everything well. Next add chilly powder, chopped cilantro,curry leaves, crushed pepper powder. Sau·té everything well for a minute or so till the raw smell of masala goes..
- Add two eggs,mix well. Wait for the eggs to cook a little bit (3/4 cook). Add the chopped parotta pieces into this.Add a pinch of salt.Mix everything well..
- Add half cup of chicken curry (gravy) into the parotta mixture and mix well. Please checkout my chicken curry recipe here https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/706475-kerala-style-spicy-chicken-curry?ref=channel..
- Remove bones from the chicken pieces if any and cut/mince the chicken pieces(from the curry).Add this to the masala mixture..
- Mix everything well.Add more salt if required. Squeeze some lemon juice on top.The parotta peices needs to be soaked a little bit in the masala mixture..
- Serve hot..
We can easily make Kothu Parotta without having to struggle with. How to make the Malabar Paratha: The Malabar Paratha should first use all purpose flour that is maida which is then mixed with salt, egg, milk, kneaded well with water and oil until it forms a smooth dough. Having blogged Tamil Nadu/Kerala style parotta and chicken salna, its now time to bring to you an irresistible street food of Tamil Nadu that combines both of them in a mish mash of sorts. I am talking about Kothu Parotta. Kothu Parotta is prepared with mixed vegetables that include carrot, beans and green peas, egg kothu parotta calls for scrambling eggs while chicken kothu parotta has chicken.