Jumbo Blueberry Muffins. For standard-size muffins: Make batter as directed; fill greased or paper-lined standard muffin cups two-thirds full. When I made these muffins, I used a jumbo muffin pan and used jumbo muffin liners. I personally like bakery-style muffins so I go big!
Line Jumbo Muffin pan with muffin liners. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, melted butter, and sugar. Next, add the eggs in the batter one a time stirring after each egg as well as the vanilla and lemon extract. You can have Jumbo Blueberry Muffins using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jumbo Blueberry Muffins
- You need of Diabetic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 5 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of eggs, room temperature preferred.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of milk**.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil ( or vegetable oil or melted coconut oil).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries.
Slowly add the flour one cup at a time as well as. Jam packed full of blueberries these muffins are perfect with your morning coffee. Loaded with blueberries and topped with tons of buttery crumbs, these muffins are always a crowd-pleaser! Perfect for breakfast or as an after-school snack!
Jumbo Blueberry Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Spray your muffin tin of choice or line with muffin liners. Set aside..
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix together until dry ingredients are combined. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add in milk, oil and vanilla. Mix well..
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything by hand. Avoid over-mixing. Gently mix until all the flour is off the bottom of the bowl and no big pockets of flour remain..
- This batter will be very thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the blueberries..
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling them all the way to the top..
- Bake at 425° Fahrenheit for 5 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 375° Fahrenheit and continue cooking for another 25 – 26 minutes until lightly golden and center appears set..
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Muffins freeze well up to 3 months..
- **Buttermilk is preferred for the moisture textures 1% or higher milk fat of regular milk would be fine. Almond milk or soy milk are ok too..
- This recipe makes 12 jumbo muffins. Enjoy :).
Giant Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping These jumbo blueberry muffins are a perfect way to use up any extra blueberries you might have laying around. (Isabella also loves it when I add them to our favorite pancake recipe.) Jumbo Muffin Pan The jumbo blueberry muffins at the bakery are so moist and big and if you want the jumbo style muffins you will need to purchase a jumbo blueberry muffin pan. A standard muffin tin pan is ok to use for these but just remember they will not be the larger size. These jumbo blueberry muffins are just about as close to perfection as you can get. These giant lemon blueberry muffins are made with whole wheat and contain no butter or oil. However, the "to die for blueberry muffins" recipe had a thicker batter resulting in rounded muffin tops.