Sig's German Labskaus sailors cornedbeefhash #myfavouriterecipes. Great recipe for Sig's German Labskaus sailors cornedbeefhash #myfavouriterecipes. Labskaus is a famous German recipe eaten mainly near our ports and harbours in the North of our country. Similar dishes are eaten in Scandinavia and other countries around that region.
It is basically a corned beef hash (potatoes and corned beef) mixed with beets, so that the dish is completely red. It is served with a fried egg on top and spicy German pickles and rollmops (pickled herring wrapped around a pickle). Labskaus, is like a Beef Hash with chopped beets. You can cook Sig's German Labskaus sailors cornedbeefhash #myfavouriterecipes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sig's German Labskaus sailors cornedbeefhash #myfavouriterecipes
- You need of mashed potato.
- It’s 1/2 of amount of my mashed potatoes recipe with caramelised onions, (you will need about 400 grams in total, please see attached recipe).
- Prepare 1 of small can of corned beef 200gr.
- You need 1 tsp of butter.
- Prepare of sides.
- Prepare 2 of medium fresh eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of butter for frying eggs.
- It’s 4 of bite sized roll mops (pickled herring).
- Prepare 2 of medium vacuum packed unpickled cooked beetroot.
- Prepare 2 piece of pickled dill gherkin.
This is a popular dish in the Hamburg area, in Northern Germany. This dish was popular for the sailors and dock workers and remains to this day. How to Make Super Quick Homemade Sig's German Labskaus sailors cornedbeefhash #myfavouriterecipes. banana. Step-by-Step Guide to Make Speedy Banana pb&j vegan gluten free bread. gnocchi.
Sig's German Labskaus sailors cornedbeefhash #myfavouriterecipes instructions
- Make the potatoes as in this recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339045-sigs-mash-with-caramelised-onions.
- Heat a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan, break up the corned beef and heat through in the butter, do not fry.Mix the corned beef with the mashed potatoes, until combined..
- Make a little platform with the potato /onion and corned beef mix..
- Gently fry or poach one egg per person.Cut the egg with a round cutter to the same size as the potato patties if you want and sit on top of the potato..
- Chop the beetroot finely and sprinkle over the top and the side of the egg and potato.
- Serve your rollmpos at the side with sliced dill pickle (gherkin).
- Here I used prawns instead of herring.
Step-by-Step Guide to Make Favorite Gnocchi with pesto, artichoke, tomatoes and feta. Labskaus is a one-dish meal made with mashed potatoes, corned beef, and beets. It's bright red from the beet juice and served with a fried egg, pickles and pickled, rolled herring (Rollmops). See recipes for Veronica's Sailor Punch too. Labskaus (listen (help · info)) (also spelled Lapskaus) is a culinary speciality from northern Germany and in particular from the cities of Bremen, Hamburg, and Lübeck.