Leeks and Potatoes. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Potatoes and leeks make a delicious combination in a variety of dishes.
Method Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, potatoes and leeks. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Season well and simmer until the vegetables are tender. You can cook Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- Prepare of Meat and vegetables.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- It’s of Precooked extras.
- It’s 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- You need 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- It’s of Spices.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Thickener and frying.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
Whizz with a hand blender or in a blender until smooth. Pour over the hot vegetable stock and cover with tin foil. Sprinkle leeks on top, pour over sauce evenly, then add the rest of grated cheese. Put the stock in a large pan, bring to the boil, then add the potatoes and the leeks.
Leeks and Potatoes instructions
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Meanwhile, butter a large baking dish. Layer up the potatoes and leeks higgledypiggledy, seasoning as you go, then scatter the bacon over the top. Pour the creamy leek mixture over the potatoes, then sit the salmon fillets on top. Scrub and quarter potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add the carrots, butter, oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.