Corn Custard -Torta de Elote/ Milho. Great Range for Kitchen & Home Online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Instead of sugar, it uses sweetened condensed milk.
The texture is fluffy and smooth but has that yummy taste! It's sure to be a hit at your next summer cookout. It's sure to be a hit at your next summer cookout. You can cook Corn Custard -Torta de Elote/ Milho using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corn Custard -Torta de Elote/ Milho
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1 can of corn. (frozen works also).
- Prepare 1 box of (8oz) cream cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Creamed corn is a soup or sauce made by pulping the corn kernels and collecting the milky residue from the corn. Grits is a ground-corn food of Native American origin, that is common in the Southern United States and eaten mainly at breakfast. Chicha de jora is a corn beer or chicha prepared by germinating maize, extracting the malt sugars, boiling the wort, and fermenting it in large vessels for several days. The process is essentially similar to the process for the production of European-style beer.
Corn Custard -Torta de Elote/ Milho instructions
- Oven at 350°F.
- Everything goes in the blender (you can add a bit of cinnamon in the mix, or just sprinkle at the top after its baked..
- Eggs goes in first, beat for about 1 min. As you add the other ingredients, give it a chance of it to mix well in the blender, dont put everything in at once, specially the corn and the cream cheese. (we dont want any chuncks).
- Add condensed milk, corn, cream cheese, butter, salt, cinnamon (if you want) baking powder (add this last)..
- Spray your pan, and pour it all in.
- Bake it just like a cake. About 45min. (I used glass pan) It gets golden brown, inserting a toothpick will still came out a litte dirty because its very moist..
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon. Let it cool, put it in the fridge..
- Its good to eat it warm, but I prefer it cold. Try it both ways in you like!.
Some add quinoa or other adjuncts to give it consistency before it is boiled down. Chancaca, a hard raw form of cane sugar, helps. Porco com Creme de Milho (Pork with Cream of Corn) A Brazilian comfort food. A creamy, nutty, smooth sauce of light cream, Parmesan cheese and sweet Jersey corn kernels served over tender oven baked pork tenderloin. Creamy Salsa Verde Sea Bass Sea Bass topped with onions, garlic and a tomatillo sauce (tomatillos, olive oil, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro) and a dollop of sour cream provide.