Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Great recipe for Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF. A stuffed turkey roll is a great way to have Christmas or New Years dinner on a tighter budget and if you're having dinner with fewer guests you don't want to be eating the same leftovers for a week. Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF.
They are nice and they look wonderful. Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF step by step. First butterfly the turkey and duck breasts. You can have Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 1 of boneless turkey breast, around 2lbs / 900g.
- You need 1 of boneless, skinless duck breast, around 1lb / 450g.
- Prepare 1 of boneless, skinless chicken thigh, around 1/2 lb / 200g.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of my recipe for cornbread stuffing, link below.
- It’s 180 ml of chicken stock.
This just means cut through one side almost to the other side so you can then open the breast out like a book or a pair of butterfly wings. Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF. Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, vickys turducken roulade (three bird roast) gf df ef sf nf.
Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast) GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- First butterfly the turkey and duck breasts. This just means cut through one side almost to the other side so you can then open the breast out like a book or a pair of butterfly wings.
- The poultry pieces all need to be the same thickness, so place them each between 2 sheets of parchment paper or cling wrap and lightly pound them with a rolling pin so they are all around half an inch thick all over but evenly shaped.
- Clear your workspace and lay a sheet of cling wrap down. Place lengths of butchers twine on top, down every couple of inches from top to bottom. Place the butterflied turkey breast skin side down on top of this.
- Rub the turkey with a little olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cover with a layer of stuffing keeping a border about 2 inches back from the edges. Pack it down a little, again around the same thickness as the turkey https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350505-vickys-cornbread-stuffing-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
- Now lay the butterflied duck breast on top and again, oil, season and cover with stuffing.
- Place the chicken thigh on top of that and oil and season it.
- Now using the cling wrap to help you, tightly roll the turkey over the duck and chicken jelly/swiss roll style, overlapping the bottom slightly to make a cylindrical kind of sausage shape.
- Gently start removing the cling wrap and tying the butchers twine around the 'sausage' to secure it so it doesn't spread open in the oven.
- Place in a small oven tray, seam down, rub some butter or sunflower spread over the chicken skin and season lightly with more salt and black pepper. Add the chicken stock to the bottom of the tray. This will help replace the juices in the meat that the stuffing soaks up and give you a base for your gravy.
- Cover the tray tightly with foil and roast for 90 minutes.
- Remove the foil, baste with the juices and return to the oven to colour for a further 30 minutes. If you like the skin darker and crisper leave it a little longer.
- Remove from oven tray and let stand for 15 – 20 minutes wrapped with foil to seal in the juices, then snip off the butchers twine and slice into thick slices.
- Serve with roast potatoes, carrots, sprouts, cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon, extra stuffing, chicken gravy and cranberry sauce.
It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Vickys Turducken Roulade (Three Bird Roast. I love roasted veg and this simple dish can look very presentable.