Quick Pizza Dough (Perfect for thin crust). Dissolve yeast and sugar in hot water in a bowl. It will get quite thin without breaking. If using frozen dough, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
You don't need any fancy equipment – just a bowl and a spoon. If you love thin crust pizza, you'll love this recipe! This basic Pizza Dough Recipe can make a thin crust pizza dough or a thicker, chewy pizza crust. You can cook Quick Pizza Dough (Perfect for thin crust) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Pizza Dough (Perfect for thin crust)
- It’s 5 cups of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dry active yeast.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- You need 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
It makes a flavorful pizza crust that's perfect for serving with any Pizza Recipe including: Pepperoni Pizza, Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza, and Barbeque Chicken Pizza. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. The rolled crust should be very thin.
Quick Pizza Dough (Perfect for thin crust) step by step
- In a bowl, mix warm water, sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5 min or so..
- Add the olive oil to the bowl, mix then add the flour and mix until ball forms..
- Roll out onto floured surface and knead the dough for 8-10 min. Form into ball and place in oiled bowl, brush top of dough with a little olive oil, set to rise for 3hr.
- Roll out dough onto floured surface(sprinkle little cornmeal for crunch as well), form into whatever pizza shape you want and top with desired toppings. Bake in 450°F 12-15min. ♡.
Transfer the pizza, parchment and all, to your baking stone. Wearing your oven gloves, take out the preheated baking sheet from the oven and slide the pizza with the parchment paper onto the baking sheet. This dough results in a pizza with a thin crust and a puffy, chewy cornicione (which is the fancy Italian term for the edge of crust around the rim). It's just flour, water, salt, and yeast. Note: Make sure dough is at room temperature before beginning.