Bolognese Sauce. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders From Easter Egg Hunts to Easter Sunday Lunch. Huge Range Of Locally Sourced Food, Drinks & More. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add half the mince.
Add the tomato base sauce, and bring to the boil – remember to note the liquid level in the pan. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the garlic, onions and mince. Add the carrots and and celery cook until tender. You can cook Bolognese Sauce using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bolognese Sauce
- Prepare 11 oz of ground beef or minced beef.
- It’s 5 1/2 oz of finely minced bacon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot finely chopped.
- You need 1 leaf of stalk of celery finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of red or white wine.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 42 oz of fresh crushed plum tomatoes or 1 can (42 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper (to taste).
Stir in the puree, stock, tomatoes and herbs. Brown the minced beef in a frying pan over a medium heat, drain and set aside. Add all of your cherry tomatoes to a saucepan and squish with a potato masher. Add your tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, seasoning and sugar.
Bolognese Sauce instructions
- Preheat a pan at over medium/high heat add oil and bacon and fry until it starts to release its fat (not burn).
- Add vegetables and sautee until the onions are trasnlucent, stir occasionally.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until it is lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, beef broth, mix well.
- Cook it semi-covered at very low temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, pepper, milk and cook it semi-covered very slowly for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and if it looks like it is drying out, add a little more milk or beef broth Taste to adjust the salt.
In a cup prepare the beef stock cubes, add to the pan and simmer on a low heat. Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and once hot add the beef mince and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the mince until well browned over a medium-high heat (be. Remove and set aside on a plate.