Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou. A quick & easy recipe for homemade buttermilk drop biscuits that are slightly crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with cheddar cheese + garlic flavor! Sift flour into a large bowl. Whisk in parsley or chives, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne.
Grate (or cut into small cubes) the butter into the flour mixture and blend with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. There will still be pea-sized lumps of butter in the mixture. Place the biscuits into a greased cast iron pan or if you don't have one, a round cake pan or any casserole dish will do, with the sides of the biscuits just touching. You can have Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter flavored shortening (original recipe called for lard).
- You need 2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of softened butter.
Pour on top of the biscuits. Combine the buttermilk and egg in a small measuring cup and beat lightly with a fork. With the mixer still on low, quickly add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix only until. The addition of easy-to-make homemade buttermilk makes these Buttermilk Garlic Cheddar Biscuits even more special.
Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou instructions
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together..
- Mix the shortening in well and gradually add the buttermilk..
- Add the Cheddar and garlic.
- Knead until very smooth. On heavy board, roll to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with medium round cutter and bake about fifteen minutes in an oven heated to 450 °. Brush tops with butter. serve piping hot..
- Note: This is a HEARTY, dense biscuit. Don't expect light and fluffy..
Cheddar cheese is folded into the biscuit dough and then each biscuit is individually sprinkled with a tasty garlic and herb topping before they bake in the oven for fifteen minutes until golden brown. Cheddar Bay Biscuits made with buttermilk and cheddar cheese. Theses biscuits are even better than Red Lobsters version. Brushed with garlic butter when they're fresh out of the oven, they are just so irresistible! And you don't even have to go to Red Lobster for them anymore!