V-8 Soup Batch 8. Add seasonings to taste for the soup. Quite a dish, salty, kinda sweet, earthy, crunchy, a bit of everything. Place ground beef in a Dutch oven or slow cooker.
I cannot stress enough that this is a taste as you go recipe. Place potatoes and onions in soup pot and just cover with water. Add butter and boil until potatoes are tender but not too soft. You can cook V-8 Soup Batch 8 using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of V-8 Soup Batch 8
- You need of Soup ingredients.
- Prepare 1 pound of bok choy.
- Prepare 1 pound of common mushrooms.
- You need 15 ounces of chickpea.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked unsalted rice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s To taste of seasoned salt.
- It’s of Spices.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoons of ground ginger.
- You need of Broth.
- You need 1-1/2 quarts of V-8 original vegetable drink.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of peanut/or neutral tasting oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil.
- It’s of Cheese and other options.
- It’s To taste of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.
- It’s To taste of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare To taste of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare of Late in the game.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced pickled okra see my recipe.
Clean and cut your fresh vegetables into small bite size pieces. Next add oil and all your vegetables to a five quart sauce pan, high heat for about four minutes. As a vegetarian, I tinker with vegetable soup recipes a lot. It was a sneaky way of getting vegetables into my son.
V-8 Soup Batch 8 step by step
- Wash and peel the vegetables except the potato. Cut the potatoes into slices. I had one huge potato, so I cut it into fourths. Then sliced..
- Cut the Carrots into 1 inch cuts. Slice the mushrooms. Chop the bok choy..
- Dice the onion. Heat the oils, sauté the onion and mushrooms in the oils..
- When the onions are translucent add the rest of the vegetables..
- Spray nonstick spray in a pan and add the rice. Heat not stirring till rice turns crunchy. Then break it up and turn in pan, to get the other side crunchy. If you can turn the whole thing at once then do so. Then you can break it up to fit in bottom of bowl latter..
- When the vegetables are Sauteed for 7-8 minutes add V-8 juice. Add seasonings to taste for the soup. Cook for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes of cooking add the okra..
- Serve. Add rice to a bowl and add soup to the top. Top off with some grated cheese. I hope you enjoy!.
- Note: remember how much salt you add, especially if you want to add cheese. This soup is relying on texture and layering of flavors. The okra will be filled with vinegar brine, which vinegar counter acts too much salt..
I make my soup with vegetable broth, canned corn (I like the texture better than frozen), and always frozen peas if I can't get my hands on fresh. We make a batch and then we have a good, hearty meal for a few days. It's one of the best ways to use up leftover frozen summer produce (squash, corn, zucchini, etc) and it's a good meal to put on for the day- just a few minutes prep work and. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Add the spinach and parsley and simmer for another five minutes, keeping the pan covered.