Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! After shrimp turns a light pink (don't cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on.
Right here is the way you cook dinner it. Drain, save some pasta water and set aside. Poach the shrimp in wine and seasonings instead of sauteeing in butter and olive oil. You can have Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook
- It’s 1 of and a half lbs angel hair pasta (will need two boxes, use one and a half boxes).
- You need 16 oz of bag of spinach.
- Prepare 12 oz of small shrimp, (bag) raw peeled,deveined,tail off, frozen.
- Prepare 2 containers of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 2 of medium white sweet onions.
- You need 1 bottle of white wine (use half the bottle) any white wine will work.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of or more minced garlic (I used 4 -5 tablespoon).
- You need 1 tablespoon of sweet basil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oregano.
- You need 2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Garlic bread optional.
For optimum garlic flavor, slice the garlic instead of mincing. Use stock made from the shrimp shells or use chicken stock to extend sauce. Heat up a skillet with olive oil and butter. Saute and stir the garlic slices and red chili flakes a few times before adding the shrimp.
Buttery shrimp scampi in a white wine sauce over angel hair pasta #mycookbook step by step
- Cook pasta to till done, drain and cool off pasta by running water over it In a colander drain and set in refrigerator or can leave in sink,in the I colander,(if leaving In colander in the sink add some water from time to time so it don’t stick together) I left it in the colander in the sink..
- Cut onions set aside when pasta is cooking.
- In big frying pan add Olive oil,butter and all spices, on medium heat mix up.
- Add the onions after Olive oil heats up mix to coat all onions.
- Add mushrooms 5 mins after the onions mix to coat mushrooms and onions.
- Add the frozen shrimp (mix to coat)5-7 mins after the mushrooms can put a lid on to help it cook faster mixing in between.
- After shrimp turns a light pink (don’t cook the shrimp all the way)add half the spinach,put lid on till it cooks down some till you can add the rest of the spinach,mix some in between. after all the spinach is in and cooked down, add a half a bottle of white wine mix well and put the lid on.
- Cook wine out…. wine will turn a light yellow and is no longer a milky white…. taste and mix occasionally if needs more spices add at this time. (if making garlic bread at this point will be a good time to start baking it) after wine is cooked out,turn off heat.
- Add the pasta, try to mix in the pan or place it all together in a big bowl (make sure that the pasta is not sticking together when adding to the wine sauce, if it’s sticking run it under cold water and mix with hands, drain well you don’t want water in the wine sauce).
- Make plates immediately and top with cheese on the outside of the pasta and a pinch over the pasta, don’t over power it with the cheese. (spoon on some sauce to each plate if you like, goes really good with garlic bread / I like to soak up the wine sauce with my bread) I highly recommend garlic bread, Italian bread,or baguette bread toasted or not toasted (a cheesy bread or cheesy garlic bread I think will over power this dish and I don’t recommend that.).
- Notes- the garlic is the heart of the dish., the more the better. You can take the shrimp out or can substituted it for Scallops. I know the ingredients looks like a lot especially the bag of spinach but that cooks down and fast, can also substitute that with kale. Can also add slices of tomato’s, just add the tomatoes slices on top of the spinach, it will also help hold down the spinach as it cooks down..
- Everything is made to taste. And spices is an estimate in this recipe I don’t really Measure.
- I had leftovers (good for a few days) makes for a good lunch too.
- This makes a lot it fills up one of my biggest bowls..
When the shrimp turn opaque, add the white wine, pasta water lemon juice and salt to taste. Cook the shrimp and reduce the sauce a little. This shrimp scampi is a flavor bomb, with a rich buttery sauce – garlic and shallots add pungent flavor and lemon, parsley and wine add bright acidity to cut the richness. I COULD NOT stop eating these shrimp, it was kind of a problem. This shrimp scampi is fantastic mixed with pasta, over rice, or just with crusty bread for dipping in the sauce.