Easy Chicken and Dumplings. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Get inspired by our latest recipes. Cut each biscuit into quarters, and gently stir into the simmering soup.
Prep – Gather your ingredients and chop your veggies. Cook your chicken if you are not using pre-cooked. Cook – In a pan, cook the veggies and stir in the flour, evaporated milk and chicken stock. You can have Easy Chicken and Dumplings using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- It’s 1 of large pack boneless skinless chicken thighs (9 pack).
- Prepare 4 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- You need 1 can of Grands biscuits.
- It’s 1 box of mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare to taste of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Italian seasoning blend.
Bring to a boil and add the chicken and seasoning. For dumplings, in a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, thyme and nutmeg; stir in milk and remaining parsley just until moistened. Prepare the dumplings while the chicken soup is simmering. Mix together all-purpose flour, baking powder, pepper, salt, and thyme in a large bowl.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings instructions
- Sweat onions, celery, chicken and seasonings in a Dutch oven until veggies soften, then add chicken broth, simmer until chicken cooked.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred and replace. Then add sliced mushrooms, and cream of chicken soup, bring temp up to simmer..
- Flatten biscuits and cut into 1 inch squares, drop into simmering pot. Cover and cook about 20 minutes..
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, about 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Then, add melted butter and whole milk to these dry ingredients. Mix using a rubber spatula until combined, and the mixture looks like dough. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you. While soup is simmering, make dumplings: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.