Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy. Award-winning Meat As Chosen By Michelin-Star Chefs, Delivered To Your Door. Take burgers out. use a spoon to get any burned peices out of the oil. in skillet make pan gravy with flour. it should be kinda watery. can use either broth or water. The recipe for the Salisbury steak is true to Grandma Helen's recipe, but the gravy is all Semiconservative Granola Girl, so the recipe should probably be called Grandma Helen's Salisbury Steak with Granola Girl Mushroom Gravy, but that's too long, so we'll stick with Grandma Helen's Salisbury Steak.
This is another request by my wife, but this time, she even remembered the recipe she made, but details like exact measurements were missing. Add the broth, chili sauce and seasonings to the mushrooms. Lower the heat to simmer and return the Salisbury steaks to the gravy. You can have Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 packages of dried onion soup mx.
- You need 1 of small onion minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 3/4 cup of tomatoes juice or sauce.
This recipe makes enough for a crowd, so if your family is smaller, you can cut the recipe in half, freeze half of it or have some really good leftovers for the week! Serve hot with any desired side dishes. Add the broth, chili sauce and seasonings to the mushrooms. Lower the heat to simmer and return the Salisbury steaks to the gravy.
Grandma's Salisbury Steaks and Gravy step by step
- EASY!!!! Put ground beef in large mixing bowl. add minced onion, tomato juice, salt and pepper, egg and garlic powder. add dried onion soup and mix in also..
- Mix ingredients by hand. Pat out like burgers and fry in skillet where they become firm and browned on both sides. NOT DONE!!!!.
- Take burgers out. use a spoon to get any burned peices out of the oil. in skillet make pan gravy with flour. it should be kinda watery. can use either broth or water..
- Put burgers back in the gravy and turn on simmer. gravy should thicken up, cook about 20-25 min on low. add salt, pepper, or garlic to taste..
- ** there is a recipe for PAN GRAVY on my profile..
- **** u can use the MEAT MIX on my profile….
- I DIDNT KNOW THAT MY NOTES COULD NOT BE VIEWED BY EVERYONE!!!…. I added it as a "step"…. i found that it does make a difference in the meat/ fat ratio….. also the recipe calls for 3/4 cup of tomato juice…. im not in your kitchen, so start woth 1/2 cup and a splash…..
My favorite food from the menu was the Salisbury steak. It was the juiciest, tastiest steak that always made my afternoon complete. It was a family recipe, they said, which was the reason why they served it differently. It was how the owner had the steak as a boy. They served it with fries instead of mashed potatoes, and they always gave me extra gravy whenever the grumpy owner wasn't.