Vegan Cornbread Muffins. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Add the yellow cornmeal into a mixing bowl and then sift in the all purpose flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda.
Slowly add the oil while stirring. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan. Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave (skip this step. You can have Vegan Cornbread Muffins using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cornbread Muffins
- You need 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn meal.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of oat milk.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of canola oil.
The Flour to Use for Delicious Baked Vegan Cornbread Muffins. For the base of these muffins, I use the perfect balance of the following types of flour: Unbleached all-purpose flour; Whole wheat pastry flour; Cornmeal; Mixing in all-purpose flour with cornmeal gives these muffins a good tender base while still allowing the natural sweetness of the corn to dominate in flavor. Also, adding the right amount of a softer flour keeps a nice texture without making the cornbread muffins too gritty. These vegan cornbread muffins have all the corny, sweet-savory goodness of classic cornbread but packed into the easy-to-eat shape of a muffin.
Vegan Cornbread Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, corn meal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in oat milk and canola oil.
- Lightly spray a 3×4 muffin tin with oil.
- Evenly spoon out the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Use a toothpick to test the muffins. Insert into the center of a few of them and make sure it comes out cleanly.
They're so simple to make that even people without a particular penchant or proclivity for baking will find them worth the while. They are a great addition to any meal or bbq! Prepare your batter by whisking together cornmeal, oat flour, tapioca starch and baking powder in a mixing bowl. How to Make Vegan Cornbread Muffins – Step by Step. This vegan cornbread muffin recipe uses equal parts flour and yellow cornmeal.