Vegetable Handvo (Breakfast recipe). Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Fees & T&Cs apply. Your favourite Breakfast restaurants available on Deliveroo. To begin making the Vegetable Handvo recipe, soak the coarsely ground rice and lentils overnight using yogurt (curd/ dahi) in a bowl.
Indian recipe from the state of Gujarat, made with rice, dals and vegetables, making it a very healthy breakfast recipe as well as a diet food recipe, is Handvo. Handvo has a lovely texture with soft and spongy interiors. Traditionally it is baked in a typical cooker called the Handvo cooker. You can cook Vegetable Handvo (Breakfast recipe) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Handvo (Breakfast recipe)
- Prepare of rice.
- You need of chana lentil.
- You need of moong lentil.
- You need of urad lentil.
- It’s of curd.
- You need of baking soda.
- Prepare of carrot(grated).
- Prepare of capsicum(finely chopped).
- It’s of tomatoes(finely chopped).
- You need of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of red chilli powder.
- Prepare of ginger paste.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of lemon juice.
- You need of oil.
- You need of mustard seeds.
- Prepare of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of sesame seeds.
- It’s of curry leaves.
- It’s of asafoetida.
However nowadays it is prepared in the regular ovens. This Handvo recipe shares the method to make. If you want a thicker or thinner vegetable handva then adjust the portion size. Once the oil is hot, add ½ tsp of mustard seeds. #handvorecipe #gujaratihandvo #healthybreakfastrecipe #panchmelhandvo #breakfastrecipes #easyrecipes #famousrecipes #quickrecipes #yummyrecipes #vegetablehan.
Vegetable Handvo (Breakfast recipe) instructions
- Soak rice, moong dal, chana dal, and urad dal for 4-5 hours..
- Grind rice, moong dal, urad dal, and chana dal separately into a smooth paste..
- Now mix lentils paste, rice paste, chopped tomatoes, capsicum, and grated carrot and ginger paste. Mix everything well together. (You can use veggies of your choice).
- After that add red chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and curd into the mixture. Mix everything really well..
- Let the oven heat at 200°c and in the meantime prepare the tempering. For that heat a small pan with some oil. After that splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds into the hot oil. Then add sesame seeds, curry leaves, and asafoetida into it. Mix everything really well..
- Add baking soda in the handvo batter and mix well. Pour 2tsp tempering at the bottom of the container. Now pour the batter into the container and spread it evenly..
- Pour some tempering on the top of the batter..
- Place the container inside the oven and bake the handvo at 200°c for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes handvo have turned golden brown in colour. Its ready now.(Poke a knife tip into it. If batter sticks on the knife then bake it again).
- Let the handvo cools down completely. Transfer it in a plate and serve it..
It is simple to make and outright delicious. You can make this snack in oven as well as on stove top in a pan. Serve with green chutney for a healthy and wholesome snack or breakfast. Blend the dals, rice and whole wheat in a mixer to a smooth mixture using ½ cup water. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the sour curds and mix well.