Beef Shanks and Ricotta rice 🍛 Osso Buco. Just add a side dish of rice or some mashed potato cakes or twice baked potatoes, with a delicious glass of red wine and you have the perfect dish to enjoy with friends/family. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Arrange the osso buco on a plate and sprinkle with the mixed gremolata.
Also, stay away from "boneless" beef shank for this recipe. Bone-in meat has more flavor than boneless, generally speaking. I love to top this beef-shank Osso Buco with a fresh gremolata – a mixture of chopped fresh parsley, lemon zest, and finely minced garlic. You can cook Beef Shanks and Ricotta rice 🍛 Osso Buco using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Shanks and Ricotta rice 🍛 Osso Buco
- It’s of For beef braising.
- It’s 2 of medium carrots.
- It’s 2 of slots of celery.
- You need 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 2 of big tomato crushed.
- It’s 2 of laurel leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbs of tomato paste.
- It’s 6 of whole crushed cloves garlic.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- Prepare 2 cups of white wine or ginger ale.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s of For beef shanks prepping.
- It’s 6 of big beef shanks.
- You need Half of cup of flour.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of For Ricotta Rice.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 cups of Calrose rice.
- You need 1 cup of white wine or ginger ale.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s Pinch of saffron.
- It’s 1 cup of Parmesan or more.
Your family will love these braised beef shanks or Osso Buco recipe. It is the same method that I make my original beef short ribs. In essence, ossobuco (or osso buco) is a specialty meat casserole dish from the Lombardy region of Italy. Often it is made with beef shanks or veal shanks (also with the marrow in the bone).
Beef Shanks and Ricotta rice 🍛 Osso Buco step by step
- Make the flour, salt and pepper mix together and coat it to beef shanks before stirring into big pot. Put some olive oil in a pot and fried the beef shanks until it was slightly brown. Then remove the beef shanks if its already slightly brown set aside for braising..
- Cut the carrots, celery and onion into cubes and put into the pot where you slightly fried your beef shanks and sauté for about 5 minutes then add 2 tbs of tomato paste and 6 whole cloves of crushed garlic were about to de glazed the pot by putting 2 cups of white wine or ginger ale if you don’t have white wine, sauté for a minute then add the crushed 2 big tomato and put the 3 and 1/2 cup of beef broth put the laurel leaves, Rosemary and thyme..
- Put the 6 beef shanks into the braising and boil for 2 to 3 hours until it was soft in a medium heat..
- In a small pot put the the 3 and half cup of chicken brothers out the safron bring it to boil and off the fire. Keep it because we will use it for the rice.
- For Ricotta rice soak the 2 cups of calrose rice into a bowl with water for 2 minutes and drained it off in a medium pot put it into oven and put the 1/4 cup of butter and sauté the onion for 2 minutes until it was translucent then put the rice sauté it with onion until the rice may be look like translucent at this point you can add the one cup of white wine or ginger ale if you don’t have wine..
- Stir it until it was it absorbed when it is absorbed add 2 scoop of chicken broth and stir it again don’t stop until it was absorbed add again a scoop of broth and don’t stop stirring it because it will burn down stir and add the broth until it was cook it will last for about 30 minutes in this process at this point when the rice is cook you can turn off the heat.
- Put 1 cup of Parmesan cheese or more as you desire, stir it again until it was well combined. Add some pepper and salt to taste as you prefer..
- If you remove the beef shanks into the pot take all the sauce and put it into the rice in top of beef and enjoy.
Apparently, the marrow is responsible for extracting the most amount of umami flavour. The meat is then braised in a fragrant broth which includes wine and. When rice begins to make a crackling sound, add saffron threads. In this video I will show you how I make my braised beef shank in red wine sauce. It's a favorite of our family, and hope that your family will like it too!.