Cornbread (Plain) in da frying pan. Wide Range of Cooking Pans, Frying Pans, Saucepans, Pots, Woks, Cookware Sets & More. Browse our great range of cookware. Enjoy a free UK delivery on eligible orders!
Ingredients of Cornbread (Plain) in da frying pan
- You need 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2/3 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted (plus extra for the pan if making skillet cornbread).
- You need 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
Drop by tablespoons full and pat out with back of spoon to make a pattie. Turn over when bottom is light brown. Toast the cornmeal in a dry frying pan until fragrant, then mix half with the buttermilk and leave to soak for at least a couple of hours, or overnight. In skillet, put oil, on top of stove, on medium high.
Cornbread (Plain) in da frying pan step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Measure out and place a generous 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in the pan and allow it to preheat in the oven. The butter will melt and brown, and the pan gets searing hot..
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt together..
- In a small bowl or large liquid measuring cup, Whisk the melted butter, milk, oil, and eggs together..
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir together until combined..
- Transfer the batter to the prepared frying pan. When the batter goes in it gets really crispy on the bottom and around the sides. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until fluffy and slightly golden around the edges (a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the cornbread (this should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs)..
- Cool for about 20 minutes, then cut into slices and serve..
- These are the several types of pans you could use if you do not have a cast iron skillet You could use 9×13-inch pan (spray with a liquid oil before putting batter in) and when cooked cut into squares..
- Different sized pans may require different bake times, so keep an eye on things and when it looks fluffy and a little golden around the edges, give it the toothpick test..
- Mini muffin baked up nicely in 12 minutes at 350 degrees F..
Mix together all other ingredients, patty or spoon into hot oil and cook until brown on both sides. Heat a small cast iron skillet to medium on stove top. When it is hot, pour in the batter. Cornbread can include various flavourings such as cheese, spring onions or bacon and is usually baked in a rectangular pan and cooked either thin and crisp or thick, light and airy. Preheat loaf pan on medium low heat until warm.