Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style). Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style) 사린린 Sa Rinrin Italy Most of these ingredients can be found in Chinatown of any part of the world you live in, if you happen to live outside of Malaysia. This is a traditional Malaysian dish that is served with rice, glutinous rice during celebrations. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. I am originally from Brunei, which is close to Malaysia. Also, blanched almonds with the shredded coconuts helps with buildling the sauce. You can have Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style) using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style)
- Prepare 400 gm of beef (any flank parts).
- You need of Ingredients A- to blend.
- You need 2 of large scallions.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 1 inch of galangal.
- It’s 2 sticks of fresh lemongrass (cut into slices).
- It’s 2 inches of fresh turmeric.
- Prepare of Some water.
- You need of Ingredients B-.
- You need 3 tbsp of Sambal Oelek.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk cream.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar and salt.
- It’s of Ingredients C-.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated coconut.
- You need to taste of Concentrated tamarind.
- You need of To garnish: Leaves of fresh kaffir lime or lime.
A tip on making Beef Rendang is to use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices, if you could. This is a dry Malaysian style Beef Rendang recipe (which according to Minangkabau tradition, a true rendang is a dry one). Beef is slowly simmered with coconut milk and a mixture of lemongrass, galangal, garlic, turmeric, ginger and chilies, then left to stew for a few hours to create this dish of tender, flavorful beef. Traditional Beef Rendang Rendang is a signature dish and "comfort food" in Malaysia.
Beef Rendang (Malaysian-Italian style) step by step
- Blend ingredients A with some water and sautee in a non stick frying pan until you can smell the flavor..
- Add beef and cook until the beef is no longer red..
- Add ingredients B and cook until beef is soft. Keep adding water if it's dry..
- While waiting for beef to cook, start removing the blended ingredients A and cooked Sambal Oelek (we only want the right amount of spiciness) from the sauce using a sifter (I found this inside IKEA). Only remove the amount needed, depending on your taste..
- Add ingredients C and keep stirring until the sauce thickens as you like..
- Garnish with sliced kaffir lime leaves or lime leaves. I mixed the leaves all over and leave it to cool before serving. It can be heated up again either using microwave or on a pan (make sure to add water in case it's too dry)..
Think of it as akin to the American pot roast in its comforting associations. Unlike pot roast, however, rendang is spiced completely differently. Since its first appearance, beef rendang has ingratiated itself into the national cuisines of both Malaysia and Indonesia, with the shared love of thickened sauce being applied to all types of protein, from chicken to lamb to fish, plus off-cuts like lung and tripe. Beef rendang is one of the original cuisines of Minangkabau descent and Sumatra's culture. It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons.