Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie). Homemade apple pie filling, "foolproof" pie crust, and a crumble topping make this Apple Crumble Pie, it is one scrumptious pie recipe! Some people also call this pie Dutch Apple Pie, Apple Crumb Pie, and even French Apple Pie. What makes this pie so good, is that well, the crust is homemade.
It has a streusel or oat crumb topping instead of the pastry top of a normal apple pie. Dutch Apple Pie has a crumb topping. It makes the apple pie more festive, special and it also creates this buttery, golden-brown, crumble topping that is incredibly buttery, slightly nutty and delicious. You can cook Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie) using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie)
- It’s of pie crust (recipe in Peach Blueberry Cobbler Crumble).
- You need of Crumble topping (also in that recipe).
- It’s 2 of Large green apples 🍏.
- You need Squeeze of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
Such a lovely addition to the juicy, soft, baked apples and flaky pie crust. How to store Dutch Apple Pie. Simply store any leftovers of the Dutch Apple Pie in an airtight container, at room. How to make the apple pie crumb topping To make the streusel for the apple pie, combine the flour, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl and mix with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly.
Apple Pie Crumble (Dutch Apple Pie) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll out dough. Spray desired pie pan and lay out dough in the pan and poke a few fork holes too. Bake about 10-12 min set Aside.
- Peel and slice apples thin..
- Squeeze lemon juice over the apples then toss those apples in the sugar cinnamon and vanilla.
- In saucepan on medium heat, melt the better and then add Apple mixture.
- Sauté the apples for a few minutes then add the cream. Once apples are tender stir in cornstarch completely them remove from heat..
- Place apples in pre baked pie pan. Drain some liquid from the apples as you add to the pie crust if necessary. Completely cover top of Apples with Crumble. Place in oven bake for 25-30 mins until crumble is nice golden color. Let set and enjoy ❤️. Eat warm!!.
In large bowl, toss Filling ingredients. A dutch apple pie has either streusel crumb (or a lattice crust) and is spiced with warm spices. It's also cooked in a deep pie dish, making it visually stunning as it's sliced and served. Optionally, you can stir in some raisins if you'd like! Place the pastry in the pie plate, pressing down slightly.