My Italian beef whirls. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, water and seasonings; pour over roast. Liberally sprinkle the entire roast with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven.
Below are some of my faves listed in order of preference. Place the beef roast on a perforated pan and set into the roasting pan. But that was the easy part. You can cook My Italian beef whirls using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Italian beef whirls
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry store bought.
- Prepare 500 g of lean ground beef.
- It’s 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian mixed herbs.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
The gravy – that's the critical element. I had one tub of Portillo's gravy in the freezer. I compared your recipe to the real Portillo's and served the beef to my son and grandkids who all love Italian beefs. Your recipe is really quite close.
My Italian beef whirls instructions
- Lay pastry out.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Form into a rectangle nearly the same size as the pastry leaving enough room to roll and spread the meat mixture.
- Roll up into a log then freeze for 30 mins.
- Slice into 8 whirls and bake covered at 180°c for 30 mins then remove cover and brown for 10-15 mins until cooked….enjoy🍽.
For the best sandwich around, Chicagoans turn to Portillo's or Vienna Beef. Tangy Italian Beef Sandwiches are an example of where the slow cooker excels: The beef slowly braises until it practically falls to shreds. We like Tangy Italian Beef on sandwiches, but it's also delicious over a baked potato and topped with sour cream. Don't let making Italian Beef intimidate you. Make it anytime or for any occasion.