Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe). My husband use to make it for me since its his mothers recipe. Add the squash, broth, zucchini, salt, thyme and pepper; bring to a boil. Melt butter in a heavy pot.
Reduce heat and simmer for at least an hour until vegetable is soft. My favorite fall soup of all time, roasted butternut squash soup is cheap, easy, nutrition, and absolutely delicious. If you're feeling like something a bit more substantial, try this topped with a handful of crispy bacon or diced ham. You can cook Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe) using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe)
- You need of yellow squash cut into 1/2inch slices.
- You need of zucchini cut into1/2in slices.
- You need of large can crushed tomatoes(or whole tomatoes).
- Prepare of salt&pepper to taste.
- You need of bacon cut into pieces.
- It’s of onion cut into 1/2slices.
- You need of palmful of dried italian seasoning.
- You need of water just to raise up jucies.
- You need of parmesan cheese grated to top.
- Prepare of italian or frenchbread.
Add the pumpkin puree, butternut squash, chicken stock,. It's super creamy (yet cream-less) and full of delicious roasted butternut flavor. While squash is roasting, melt butter in a large heavy bottomed pot or Dutch oven and add garlic, onions, celery and carrots and sauté over medium high for five minutes. Add reserved raw squash and sauté for another five minutes.
Loni's squash soup(my mother in laws recipe) step by step
- Cut up veggies and bacon.
- Put in large soup pot add tomatoes using the can I add about 1/2a can off water.
- Bring to boil turn down to low simmer and stir every now and then.cook til veggies are tender.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese and a slice of crusty Italian or French bread.
Add stock, sage, and nutmeg and bring to a boil. Get delicious butternut squash recipes including butternut squash cake, butternut squash soup, butternut squash casserole and more butternut squash recipes. This is my mother-in-law's recipe, but I've made it so often I feel as though. Big Batch Cheeseburger Soup When my mother-in-law gave me her recipe for cheeseburger soup, I changed it a little to make it my own. You can use turkey meat instead of beef or add bell peppers or jalapenos for a little kick. —Christina Addison, Blanchester, Ohio.