Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry. How to make Bengali Style Mangsher Jhol Recipe-Mutton Curry To begin making the Mangsher Jhol recipe, wash the mutton pieces and drain the water. And also added freshly ground spice powders which enhances a natural flavour to the curry. Wash the mutton pieces and drain out all the water.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Wash and pat dry mutton pieces along with liver and fat. Mustard oil and half of Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Bengali Garam Masala Powder, Sugar and Salt along with the curd. You can have Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry
- You need of mutton.
- You need of potatoes peeled & cut into halves.
- Prepare of onions finely chopped(big size).
- You need of onion paste.
- You need of garlic paste.
- You need of ginger paste.
- You need of cumin powder.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of red chilli powder.
- It’s of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s of vinegar.
- It’s of mustard oil.
- Prepare of curd.
- Prepare of ghee.
- You need of garam masala powder.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of Salt.
Meanwhile, peel the skin of the potatoes and cut them into halves. Bengali Sunday lunch is absolutely incomplete without Mutton curry, and this Bengali Mutton curry is nothing but a simple runny curry made with Rewaji khasir mangsho. This patla mangsher jhol use to serve with gorom bhat and cucumber onion salad. The curry must be runny and dark red in color, with strong cinnamon flavore of garam moshla added at the end.
Bengali Style Mangsher jhol Recipe/Mutton Curry instructions
- Wash the mutton pieces properly & drain the water..
- Marinate the mutton with 1 tbsp onion paste, 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp vinegar & 2 tbsp mustard oil..
- Mix well.Cover & keep the meat with marination for 3-4 hours in the fridge..
- Smear little salt & turmeric powder to the peeled & halved potatoes Heat oil in a kadai & fry the potatoes till golden brown & then keep aside..
- Add 3 tsp ghee to the oil.Temper the ghee & oil with the ingredients which you take for tempering.When you get the aroma, add chopped onions & cook till the onion turns soft..
- Once the onions are soft,add sugar.Sugar when caramelize with oil will give a very nice red colour..
- Add the rest of the ginger, garlic paste & cook till oil separates..
- Now add the marinated mutton pieces with all the marinade.Mix very well..
- Saute the mutton for another 4-5 mints.Beat the yogurt & pour it in the kadai.Mix very well.Stir continuously for another 5-6 mints.Add salt..
- Add all the dry masalas & stir continuously till oil starts separates from the sides of the kadai..
- Add fried potato pieces & give it a final mix.Now add 3-4 cups warm water Let it come to a boil..
- Cook the mutton curry in a pressure cooker for 5-6 whistles until the meat is cooked..
- Then transfer the Mangsher jhol to a serving bowl.Dizzle 1 tsp ghee & a little garam masala powder..
- Serve hot.Serve this delicious mangsher jhil/ mutton curry along with steamed rice..
The chorbi or fat must be attached with. For this Bengali style mutton curry or pathar mangsho all you need is half kg mutton (quantity depends on the number of people you are feeding, For my small family of three-member half-kilo is enough for a single meal as we definitely had fish in the menu too) Wash it and clean it, marinate it with two tablespoon mustard oil. ABOUT Robibarer Mangsher Jhol(Sunday Special Bengali Mutton Curry) RECIPE. Among the famous Bengali dishes, there is one dish that never fails to impress anyone,that is Spicy Mutton Curry aka Mangsher Jhol. It is always a happy moment to sit with family and enjoy a delicious lunch on a lazy Sunday afternoon with mutton kosha and hot steamed.