Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce. Great recipe for Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce. I made white sauce, so I added it to doria! This seafood pasta sauce is probably the quickest sauce you can make!
Pair it with sweet shrimp and scallops and seafood night has never been better (or easier!). Saute onion on low heat until softened. Add mushrooms and shrimp and stir-fry until cooked. You can cook Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce
- Prepare 200 grams of x 2 packages Assorted shrimp and scallops.
- You need 1 of Onion, sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 100 ml of White wine.
- You need 1 of use as much (to taste) Hot cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of Parsley (dried).
- You need of Basic White Sauce (Recipe ID: 1449234).
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 60 grams of White flour.
- You need 1000 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of leaf Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- It’s 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Consommé stock granules.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
Pour in white sauce and mix with the ingredients. Warm up rice in the microwave if it's cold. Then use the same pan to saute shrimp just until pink, and remove to the utility platter. Add cream sauce to saute pan to toss the drained pasta or rice with the cream sauce and seafood, reserving.
Shrimp and Scallop Doria with Handmade Sauce step by step
- Slowly melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat, add the sifted flour and cook while making sure it doesn't burn. (See here for more instructions: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/150056-easy-basic-white-sauce).
- After turning off the heat, add warmed milk in 2 turns to step one, and briskly whisk it all together with an eggbeater..
- Add the bay leaf and nutmeg to Step 2, stewing it at a low heat for about 5 minutes, and then flavor it with fresh cream and consommé stock granules..
- Heat up the butter and olive oil in a frying pan, and add the shrimp and scallops in white whine after frying the onions; add salt and pepper and evaporate the alcoholic content..
- Mix rice and the white sauce from Step 3 together in a bowl (about 4 ladles' worth)..
- Add it to the frying pan with the remaining white sauce from Step 4, and bring it to a boil after mixing it thoroughly..
- Add rice, sauce, cheese, and parsley in that order to the gratin pans and cook at 200℃ (about 392℉) for 10 minutes..
- This is the exquisite sauce and seafood gratin I made: https://cookpad.com/en/recipes/145207-seafood-gratin-with-homemade-sauce.
Turn heat to medium under each. Always move the pan so the garlic does not burn and the ingredients are seared all over. Once shrimp are cooked, cool then peel and devein and cut into bite size pieces. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp turns pink. Be very careful not to overcook the seafood, as it will become rubbery if overdone.