Mexican Rice. Discover All The Different Zatarain's® Recipes For Some New Orleans Flavor. Looking for Mexican rice (arroz) recipes? Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can cook Mexican Rice using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of White rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 3 tsp of Chicken flavor bouillon.
- It’s 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of jalapeño (optional).
Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add rice to oil. Stir constantly until rice turns golden brown..
- Add chicken bouillon and garlic salt.
- Add tomato sauce. OK to substitute for fresh chopped tomato.
- Mix. Add water. Mix again..
- If using jalapeño, cut in half and seed. Then put in saucepan to give extra kick of spice..
- Cover. Lower heat and let simmer about 15 minutes or until all water is gone..
This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice begins to turn golden brown. The toastier your rice, the tastier it will be (information gleaned from my friend, via her grandma of course). Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear.