Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust. Poke your fingers all around the surface of the flatbreads or prick a few holes with a fork. Top each with your favorite toppings. Crisp Your Crust Par-baking the flatbreads gives them the crispy edges we love and makes them sturdy enough to support the toppings.
Add oil, flour, sprinkle salt on top of flour and mix until combined. Melt butter and mix with garlic powder. Brush this evenly over flatbread dough. You can have Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust
- You need 1 tsp. of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of instant yeast (or active dry).
- You need 3/4 cup of warm water (between 100°-110°F).
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour (or bread flour).
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil + additional for brushing dough with.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning (optional).
This versatile dough is used to make the Flatbread with Asparagus, Fontina, and Pickled Onions, as well as the Goat Cheese and Greens Piadine. You can also make it ahead of time: Halve the kneaded dough, place each half in a zip-top plastic bag, and freeze for up to one month. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, oil, and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Most flatbreads and pizza crusts are made using the same ingredients; flour, water, salt and olive oil, which makes both a healthy choice.
Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast, sugar and water together and let it sit for 5 or so minutes, until it starts to turn frothy. Then add the flour, salt and olive oil. If you'the like to add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning for extra flavor, then add it now. Use a rubber spatula to combine everything together. The dough will be thick and shaggy..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and use floured hands to knead it for 2 minutes, until it fully comes together and becomes smooth. If it's still sticky at all, add a little more flour as needed. Then place the dough into a large, greased bowl and cover it. Let it rest and rise a bit for 45 minutes. While you're waiting, go ahead and prepare your pizza toppings..
- After the 45 minutes are up, preheat your oven to 450°F. Punch the dough down to release any air and divide it in half. Use your hands to shape and stretch each half out on a lightly floured surface until it's 1/4 inch thick. You could use a rolling pin, if you'the like. Carefully transfer each one to a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes across the dough and brush them both lightly with olive oil..
- Place on whatever toppings you'the like (in the picture, we went with a veggie pizza with peppers, onions and baby spinach). Bake for 12-20 minutes (times vary depending on how hot your oven runs) until the crust is lightly browned. Then slice it and serve..
Commercial flatbreads and pizza crusts though can be made with a number of additives and preservatives which can affect the nutritional benefit. Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. Combine gluten-free flour, rice flour, Italian seasoning, xanthan gum, gelatin, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whisk vinegar and olive oil into the yeast mixture; pour over flour mixture. Homemade Flatbread Pizza Crust Hello everybody, it's me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page.