Lime Curd Tart. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Remove from the heat and set aside.
Lime curd tarts are far less common but I think they equally deserve a place in your dessert canon. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the butter is melted. They have this really silky texture that just melts in your mouth. You can have Lime Curd Tart using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lime Curd Tart
- Prepare of Crust———————–.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of cold butter.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- You need of large egg.
- Prepare of water.
- It’s of Filling———————–.
- Prepare of lime curd see my recipe.
- Prepare of Rubbing——————–.
- It’s of butter to rub the crust.
Lime curd is my favourite because it has an extra tanginess factor. This lime curd tart recipe has a cookie base, a lovely lime curd inside and is topped with whipped cream. Remove from the heat and set aside. Fill the tart shell with lime curd and allow to set at room temperature.
Lime Curd Tart step by step
- Mix the sugar, salt, butter, and flour. Mash the butter in well. The more the sugar and flour mixture coats the butter pats the easier it is to incorporate it all together..
- Beat the egg and water till it's all one color. Add to the flour mixture..
- Stir together with a fork till all is mixed. Then form into a ball. Add to a ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least two hours..
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit..
- After at least 2 hours in the fridge, roll it out. Spray a pie pan with nonstick spray, and add the crust to the pan..
- Gently stab the bottom of the crust with a fork so it won't rise as it bakes..
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Rub crust with butter lightly..
- Let cool 12-15 minutes. Then add the lime curd evenly. I put mine in the icebox to chill faster, for 45 minutes..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!!.
To make the curd, mix the eggs, yolks and caster sugar together in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. When this is smooth, gradually add the lime juice and the zest. Set over a low heat and gently cook,. Meaning, the puff pastry and the lime curd bake together. If you bake the cups in advance without the lime curd and fill them later, the lime curd will be drippy.