Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella. Browse & Discover Thousands of Cooking Food & Wine Book Titles, for Less. Make cuts along the bones of the chicken drumettes. Cut the thigh/breast meat into bite-sized pieces, and sprinkle with a little salt.
Remove the meat from the pan, allow it to cool and pack it into a container. Stir together lemon rind, juice, and saffron in a small bowl; set aside. Arrange chicken in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. You can cook Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella
- You need 6 of Chicken drumettes/drumsticks.
- Prepare 150 grams of Chicken thigh or breast.
- Prepare 1 of Onion (medium).
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- You need 1 of Tomatoes (large).
- You need 1 of Green pepper.
- It’s 700 grams of White rice.
- You need 1/2 of Lemon.
- You need 500 ml of ●Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of or more ●Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 dash of ●Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of ●Black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ●Paprika powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ●Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 of Herb salt.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
Combine mustard, lemon juice, and oregano in a large bowl. Remove pan from oven, and carefully add hot chicken to mustard. Place drumettes into pan and sprinkle with Salt,pepper and onion powder. Meanwhile in a small saucepan mix brown sugar,dry mustard, Marsala,soy sauce and minced garlic.
Outdoor Cooking Recipe – Chicken Drumettes Paella step by step
- Make cuts along the bones of the chicken drumettes. Cut the thigh/breast meat into bite-sized pieces, and sprinkle with a little salt. Peel the tomato and cut into cubes..
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Coat a frying pan with a little oil, fry the chicken, and set aside on a plate..
- Add the olive oil in the frying pan, and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Sauté the onion, and when it has wilted, add the rice and stir-fry..
- When the rice has become translucent, add the tomato, and quickly stir-fry. Add the ● ingredients. Simmer until it comes to a boil while stirring (medium heat)..
- When it has come to a boil, turn the heat to low, and add the chicken on top. Cover with a lid, and cook for 18-20 minutes over low heat..
- Turn off the heat, and add the green peppers on top. Cover with the lid, and steam for 10 minutes. Sprinkle herb salt and black pepper. Squeeze lemon juice over the paella and enjoy..
- Check the rice if it's done or not, and add water if it's too firm. The cooking time varies depending on how you cooked it or how tightly sealed the frying pan was..
- Cook to your desired firmness and taste, checking from time to time. The authentic way is to cook the rice al dente..
- If you use seafood, stir-fry first, and set aside on a plate. Add the stir-fried seafood on top of the paella when you steam the rice. If you cook the seafood together with rice, it will be too firm..
- You can cook the paella in a rice cooker after stir-frying the rice. Add water up to the 2 cup mark. Add the green pepper later..
- Paella in a Rice Cooker- Please refer to this recipe..
This recipe replaces the rice with quinoa, which is very good at absorbing the flavor of whatever it cooks in. This recipe simplifies cooking paella by foregoing the paella pan and using a common baking pan, the perfect size for parties and potlucks. So don't let complicated cooking get in the way of your vacation. Instead, use one of these easy camping recipes. Try roasting up chicken and veggies in Campfire Foil Packets, get creative with Campfire Pepperoni Pizza, or just boil water to enjoy Backpackers' Thai Noodles.