Green Pesto Spaghetti. Italian Tomatoes Prepared With Regional Ingredients Strike A Delicious Balance. Simple Ingredients Artfully Crafted Into Something Special. Check Out Our Delicious Spaghetti Skillet Recipe & Try Our Smoked Rope w/ Your Next Meal.
Serve with grated Romano or Parmisan-Pegiano cheese on top. Say goodbye to plain pasta and add a touch of green with DaVita dietitian Barbara's Green Pesto Pasta recipe. With a touch of Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil, this easy low-sodium dish is sure to become a dinner favorite Place the pasta in a bowl (not the pasta pot). You can have Green Pesto Spaghetti using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Pesto Spaghetti
- It’s of Walnut Pesto——————.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped basil.
- It’s 9 ounces of baby spinach.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chives oil with chives see my recipe.
- It’s 1/2 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s of Spaghetti—————-.
- You need 1 pound of spaghetti pasta.
- You need As needed of water to boil the pasta.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of Chicken——————–.
- It’s 2-1/2 pounds of chopped cooked chicken.
Add more pasta water if desired. Place the pasta in a mixing bowl, stir in the pesto and add roasted tomatoes. Mix gently to ensure the pasta is well coated in the pesto. Add additional salt & pepper at this stage, if required.
Green Pesto Spaghetti instructions
- Boil the water with salt and oil..
- Boil the pasta as instructed on the box.
- Add basil, spinach, salt, walnuts, and garlic to a blender or food processor..
- Blend a little at the time till blended up good..
- As it blends add chives and chives oil. When added slowly add the olive oil..
- Add the Pesto to the spaghetti..
- Add the cheeses. Mix well I just tossed gently till all the pasta is coated..
- Add the chicken..
- Toss well let rest for 3-5 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and basil leaves. The young shoots of garlic, commonly called green garlic, are easy to turn into a flavorful spring "pesto" sauce in which the green garlic takes the place of basil, for a similarly easy-to-make pasta sauce with a decidedly garlicky, bright spring flavor. Cook spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Using tongs, transfer spaghetti to bowl and toss vigorously, drizzling. I made this according to instructions, and while a good basic pesto pasta recipe, there was something missing.