Cornbread Soufflé. Low Prices on Corn Bread Cornbread Souffle – Simple. The best thing about this recipe is that it is quick and yummy. Corn Soufflé is better without the Jiffy and even more so, without the extra fuss.
A corn soufflé– also known as corn pudding, creamed corn casserole, or corn pudding casserole — is a baked side dish that tastes very similar to cornbread. Check to see that center of souffle is firm. This corn soufflé (or escalloped corn, or corn casserole) is very simple to throw together. You can cook Cornbread Soufflé using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornbread Soufflé
- It’s 1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix.
- It’s 8 oz of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup (4 oz) of butter.
- Prepare 1 can of cream corn.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbs of sugar.
Canned corn, egg, butter, sour cream and corn muffin mix. Mix it all up, pour in a casserole dish and bake. This time, the canned corn I used had sea salt, pretty trendy. Also, the corn muffin mix I used said it was vegetarian, never saw that before.
Cornbread Soufflé step by step
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Melt butter in a 9×9 baking dish (I do it in the microwave for about 1 minute).
- Mix all other ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl. Pour into baking dish over the melted butter..
- Bake for 50 minutes until cracks form on top and it looks golden brown. ENJOY!.
I wonder what is in the regular corn mix (wink, wink Puree corn in food processor. In a large bowl, combine butter and egg yolks; beat until smooth. Add corn liquid and whipping cream. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and sugar. Add to corn mixture and blend.