Homemade pizza sauce. Homemade Pizza Sauce with Olive Oil. The olive oil near the end preserves its flavor. Mix red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and tomatoes into olive oil mixture.
Throw in the garlic and chopped onions and give them a stir. Add the onions and saute until slightly translucent. Add the garlic and saute about a minute until. You can have Homemade pizza sauce using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade pizza sauce
- Prepare 1 of ) 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (or 2 14 oz cans).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar (you could probably do 1 tsp).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Directions Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Mix together the tomato paste, water, and olive oil. Pour tomato sauce into a clean blender or food processor no more than half full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend.
Homemade pizza sauce instructions
- Pour the crushed tomatoes in a bowl. Add in the seasonings and stir to combine. It is officially ready to spoon onto your homemade pizza! It really is that easy! This makes the equivalent to 2 jars of pizza sauce. Just freeze the left overs in baggies or in plastic containers..
- Recipe Notes Consider doubling or tripling this recipe to save some for the freezer..
Puree in batches until tomato sauce is very smooth. In a medium bowl, Mix together tomato sauce and tomato paste until smooth. Stir in oregano, garlic and paprika. The best pizza sauce recipe is also the easiest no cook pizza sauce recipe! The best part is, it's also an authentic Italian recipe!