"Jump Start Your Labor" Cookies!. Combine flour, baking soda and spices and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the molasses to the creamed butter, then add the egg whites until combined.
Ginger while mostly know for keeping nausea away in early pregnancy is known to help move the labor process along once it has started. Some moms swear that ginger can jump start your labor. Others say this is just a wives tale. You can cook "Jump Start Your Labor" Cookies! using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of "Jump Start Your Labor" Cookies!
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 8 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Molasses.
- You need 1/4 cup of Egg Whites.
- It’s 1 dash of Ground Nutmeg ( I chose to add for flavor, not apart of traditional recipe! ).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper ( I doubled, this is what supposedly causes labor! ).
In any case, when you get to your due date and your baby is not coming out, eating some tasty "labor inducing" ginger cookies might just sound appealing. Combine flour, baking soda and spices and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the molasses to the creamed butter then add the egg whites until combined.
"Jump Start Your Labor" Cookies! instructions
- Pre heat your oven to 350*F.
- Combine flour, baking soda & spices; set side.
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the molasses to the creamed butter then add egg whites until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients; once mixed, roll dough into 1" balls and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes then let cool.
- Once cooled, eat as many as you can, lay down for a nap and wait for labor to begin!!.
- (My friend shared the link from ShoppingForTwo.com).
- ( She & other mutual friends swear by these cookies! ).
Jump Start Your Labor Cookies recipe. These cookies are really yummy, they taste like a spicy ginger snap. The combination of spices may help "jump start" labor if your body is close to being ready. Caution: These cookies, really can jump start your labor if spice is your trigger for labor to begin! My husband has always loved ginger cookies, so a week before my due date I decided to make these cookies (recipe by Gale Gand) for him as a thank you for putting up with my very pregnant, hormonal self.